- Time: 8:00 AM – 17:00 PM, 11 – 12 May, 2017
- Venue: Vissai Saigon Hotel, 144 Nguyen Van Troi, Ward 8, Tan Binh Dist., HCMC
- Course length: 02 days
Managers and supervisors find it is challenging to help others achieve their full potential and reach a stretch goal. A good coach needs empathy, inventiveness and skill. Essentially, a good coach has a “coaching mindset” that see coaching role as central to lead the team. Thus, it helps to have a proven process and good tools to ensure high performance, set goals and give effective feedback. Without skilled coaching, team is likely to suffer from missed deadlines, frustrated members, and unmet goals and expectations.
Leading team members to achieve objectives requires leaders who know how to coach team members to reach their highest potential. While some may think that “it is simple, just give them feedback” or “do not feel comfortable to give feedback”, as such coaching and giving feedback effectively requires a process that works including useful tools.
This hands-on Coaching and Feedback workshop will provide managers and supervisors with a practical process and necessary tools to help coach team members more regularly, timely and effectively. In particular, managers and supervisors will work on real ‘coaching opportunities’ to help them practice in addressing the development and performance issues they encounter at work.
After completing coaching and feedback workshop, managers will
- Gain an understanding of what coaching is, why it is important and why we should coach more often
- Learn a practical process and core skills for ‘coaching and giving feedback’ and be able to coach someone
- Gain real-life practice and guidance on a genuine coaching opportunity that will be addressed and illustrated during the workshop
- Have confidence and competence in coaching and giving feedback to all their team members
- Be able to develop and deliver dialogue and one-on-one conversation skillfully to help team members to review and plan their way forward
- Build self-awareness and review own level of competence as a coach
THE STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE:
This two-day workshop is for managers with responsibility for helping people to develop and apply business and technical skills in their day-to-day environment. It gives managers a common understanding framework, and a set of tools for dialogue issues, reinforcing critical skills and driving superior performance. Participants will learn a practical proven process for coaching and providing effective feedback. In addition, the workshop helps participants explore how to work effectively with variety of individuals with different strengths and motivational factors.
Enabling coaching culture
– What is Coaching….really?
– Role of a Coach and being a good coach
– A coaching process: A roadmap for coaching conversation
– Principles of effective coaching and feedback
– Coaching language/ Coaching through dialogue
– Recap of day 1
– Debriefing and sharing
– Coaching and Performance Management
– Understanding own style and others’style: strength and motivation
– Giving and receiving Feedback
– Coaching in Action: simulation, practice, feedback
– Reflection: Key learning
– Instructor-led workshop
– Group and individual activities
– Case studies, real-life situation
– Role play
Sirilak Meksang holds a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from the Graduate School of Business, Curtin University, Perth, Australia (2010); a Master Degree in Policy Science from Saitama University, Japan under the Japanese Government Scholarship (Monbusho) and a Bachelor Degree in Education from Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok.
Dr. Sirilak has over 25 years of corporate experience in HR strategy and management, including organizational and strategy development, organizational change and leadership development in both public and private enterprises. She has worked with multi-national companies, such as Coopers and Lybrand, Chase Manhattan Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Shangri-La Hotel and AstraZeneca, Thailand. She also has experience in government services at the Ministry of Education and the National Youth Bureau under the Prime Minister’s Office.
During her 15 years in corporate management environments, Dr. Sirilak has gained extensive experience in human resources management and development in senior management and leadership positions. Her roles and responsibilities have required her to lead projects and business units through learning and people development to build and enhance organizational effectiveness and competitiveness. Particularly, change management, as well as people and organizational capability building being a major focus in recent years as a result of the impact brought upon by globalization.
Currently, Dr. Sirilak is Academic Advisor and Lecturer, DBA Program at Naraesuan University. Beside the above academic role, she also contributes as guest speaker and training & workshop facilitator for both public and private corporations as well as for universities across Thailand. She is also a guest lecturer for MBA course and an examiner for MBA thesis. Professionally, she continues to give consultancy on human resource management and organizational development to both private and public organizations.
Early bird: 4,500,000 VND/pax (registration and payment made before 02 May, 2017)
Standard: 5,500,000 VND/pax
– The fees exclude VAT
– The fees cover facilities for 2-day training, learning materials, certificate, coffee breaks and lunch during 2 days
For registration or further inquiries, please contact Mr. Thien Ho via firstname.lastname@example.org or +84 906 864 808
For more course details, please access: http://hracademy.edu.vn/timex/index.php/2017/03/30/fostering-a-coaching-feedback-culture-for-higher-performance/