L&D AS A BUSINESS PARTNER
The L&D as Business Partner course is ideal if you’re an L&D practitioner responsible for the strategic provision of learning and development for your organisation; or if you’re an outsourced and/or externally based consultant wanting to acquire the skills and knowledge required to operate as a business partner.
You’ll leave with an overview of the theories and practical examples needed to help you explain the role of ‘business partner’ and the potential contribution to an organisation. You’ll also be able to position L&D in relation to the strategy of an organisation.
Learn to work closely with the business by designing L&D systems and interventions that address strategic business issues.
- Understand the role of a business partner
- Be able to conduct an analysis of the organisation and assess capabilities
- Be able to align your L&D strategy to your organisation goals
- Understand the role of policy and strategies to implement L&D policy
- Be able to set and evaluate performance standards
The role of business partner:
- developing the ability to think strategically
- integrate L&D policies and practices
- providing added-value from the L&D perspective
The contribution of L&D to the organisation:
- conducting an external analysis of the organisation
- assessing internal capabilities
- current challenges facing organisations and learning and development implications
- aligning your L&D strategy with organisation goal
Policy & strategy issues:
- the purpose and content of L&D policy
- alternative ways to communicate policy
- service level agreements, contracts and procedure
Strategies for implementing L&D policy:
- the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing
- internal versus external provision
- shared services, cost centre versus profit
Setting and evaluating performance standards:
- the value of needs analysis at all levels
- the importance of setting performance standards
- sources of information available
Review, Action Planning & Evaluation
Mr Joel Farnworth (CIPD Associate Singapore)
Joel Farnworth is a seasoned HR and Leadership professional who enjoyed a successful 22- year HR career with HSBC, predominantly in APAC and MENA, and for the last 5 years has been the Managing Partner of Kasemsri Farnworth – a leading consultancy on HR,Leadership and Corp orate Strategy. Joel’s experiences encompass all aspects of business strategy and implementation. He is an advocate of HR and Learning adding value and delivering results by contributing to the formulation and implementation of an institution’s strategic and change management initiatives.
His international experience (working in 34 countries with 50+ nationalities) allied to a range of local, regional and global roles from bases in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Mumbai, Dubai and London give him a unique perspective on how implementation of a proactive people agenda aids business success.
As a consultant he now provides a range of Strategy, Leadership and Advanced HR Services to client, predominantly in the Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa regions. These take the form of specific advisor or coaching roles to senior managers, developer of individual and/or team HR capabilities and design and delivery of “open” workshops providing a wide range of skills/confidence development programmes by demand.
Introduced on more than on occasion as “the best implementer in the business” Joel combines his natural practical, bottom line emphasis with latest research and personally experienced best practice to provide a truly impactive set of services.
He holds an MA in Management Learning and is a Chartered Fellow of CIPD. In addition, his personal learning has taken him to such places as Michigan Business School and Roffey Park. He is also certified in the use of several key assessment and development tools including De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats, OPQ, PAPI and Myers Briggs.
- Course duration: 2 days, 11th & 12th April 2019
- Language: English
- Course fee: VND 20,990,000/participant – includes venue, materials, tea break, buffet lunch for 2 days training in an international hotel and action learning section.
- Discounts offered (discounts can be accumulated):
– 5% early bird discount for all registration before 25 Mar 2019; and
– 5% discount for group of 3 participants or more; and
– 5% discount for Talentnet’s clients or VNHR members
[Registration] via link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NMRPBYB
For further information, please contact
- Hoang Thi Thai Ha – Head of VIET HCMI at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org – 0902 873 589
- Le Thi Minh Nguyet – Education Services Coordinator at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org – 0936 562 593